Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Six Months

Happy half birthday to Jay! My boy is all grown up! At this time six months ago Pat and I were exclaiming: "but they said in class that your water never breaks at home!" Ha ha.

Jay is doing great. He's very happy and is a ton of fun to play with. He's taken so much interest in his toys lately. He always keeps one eye on the toy he's using and the other eye on the toy box, figuring out which one he wants next. He continues to be talkative. Jay's favorite "words" are "da da." When I try to teach him "ma ma" he just pauses, looks at me funny and says "da da."

We took a weekend trip to MA and Jay had a nice time. He did feel a little stranger anxiety, which surprised my mom and me. We attended Satsang and he was a little stunned by all the people who wanted his attention. He made his famous pouty lipped cry and wanted to only be held by his mom or grandma. But he quickly warmed up to people and once he felt comfortable he was his old bubbly self again. He had fun seeing everyone, listening to music and watching garba. He slept eight hours straight that night! It takes a lot to tire out my boy so he must have really had a lot of fun. I'd like to take him more often, it's good for him to hang out with friends and family, especially other kids.

The weather was nice a couple of times this month and we got to spend the day outside for the first time. Jay was amazed. Sky! Grass! Trees! Fresh air! Who knew?? He also slept great that night too: seven hours! Yes, I'm still at the point where I can count on one hand the number of times he has slept more than six hours straight.

In other news, Jay got his first two teeth! This was little earlier than I expected. I was hoping he'd at least be able to understand "no biting!" before he got them! But he doesn't understand "no" yet and so I am on high alert when feeding him. He looks very cute though!

He is enjoying trying new foods. His favorite so far has been carrots. More! Want more carrots! He'll get quite angry and loud if you don't feed him fast enough when he wants it. But when he doesn't want it (ie: green beans) he'll keep his mouth closed tight and he'll look away thinking, "if I don't move a muscle and sit here quietly enough, maybe they'll go away." Everyone says it takes many tries to get them used to a particular taste. The poor guy has a lot more green beans in his near future.

I am finally, FINALLY working on Jay's room set up. We have purchased the crib from JCPenny. I have received half of the crib bedding via mail. I have selected the paint color and there are blue sample blobs on his wall. Pat taped up the edges and I brought up the painting supplies from the garage. I will be sure to post some before and after pictures when it's done! I really hope it comes out nice. I didn't get to "nest" at the other condo and so I'm really excited to put together a special space for Jay. Hopefully he'll appreciate it and won't trash it to pieces as soon as he can walk.

Pat's birthday was this month and the three of us had a very small celebration. Jay was very well-behaved at our traditional birthday dinner restaurant: California Pizza Kitchen. I'm happy that we can bring him pretty much wherever we want and not have to worry about him having a meltdown. He does very well in public right now at this age.

Last and definitely least: Jay had his first cold. He was a good boy during this time even though we could tell he was uncomfortable with the coughing and sniffling. I thought his itty bitty germs couldn't infect me but I was certainly mistaken. Ugh. But we are almost fully recovered.

Looking forward to seeing what adventures the second half of the year brings!

2 comments:

Deepa said...

No way...he is not 6 months already! So much going on..teeth, sitting, carrots. All good things. He is doing so good and getting sooo big. On top of all that he is such a cutie :)

Aleece said...

Jay is SOOOO cute! I love the first picture.

Hey - we'll be in Bristol next week - I'll drop by and see you!