Thursday, April 23, 2009

Seven Months

JayHappy seven months to Jay! Time slowed down a bit this past month. Of course Jay has grown and changed a lot but not as much or as quickly as the first six months. Aside from a couple of big changes, we've been able to stop and enjoy his age. This will not be true in the coming months as he becomes more mobile so I am stopping to smell the roses.

His two big changes are sitting and de-swaddling. He is very good at sitting. If he gets excited or distracted, he will topple over. But he is able to sit for long periods of time just playing with his toys. He can enjoy his toys much more now that he sits. I can see that it has been fun for him.

The other big change is that we are not swaddling him anymore. He always enjoyed the swaddle but at the beginning of the month he would squirm his way out of it and then get mad because he was all tangled up. I would redo it but soon I had to redo it three or four times and it just wasn't working. So we ditched the swaddle. We had a few tough days of him having no idea what to do with his free arms but he has figured it out. Every time I look into his bassinet, his arms are in a different and weird position and it's pretty funny. De-swaddling has also allowed him to move around more while he sleeps. He seems to enjoy the sideways sleep position. He looks like a little adult!

He is teething again and getting his third tooth. I thought the first four teeth for babies were the top and bottom two but it seems I am wrong. Jay has had his bottom two for over a month. But his next tooth is on the top and off to the side! So weird. He's going to look very goofy with this one random tooth sticking out from the side. When it comes in further we'll be sure to take lots of pictures.

JayHe is eating twice a day now, which keeps everyone busy. But he enjoys his meals and is very well behaved in his high chair. So far he's not a very messy eater but I'm sure that will change. I bought him a sippy cup for him to try out with water but he's not really into it yet.

The last bit of news is that Jay's room is complete! I will be posting some before and after pictures so be sure to check this site again soon. I must say, it looks really good and better than I expected. He's slept there for about a week so far and the transition has gone well. He likes the quiet, the darkness, the nice mattress and the space to scoot around.

Be sure to check out his most recent photos before you go. Hope everyone enjoys the nice weather as much as we plan to.

No comments: