Hello from Cape Cod! We are on vacation! We are in Brewster, MA for three nights and then three nights in Boston. It has been QUITE an interesting time. I spent about two weeks making and refining a list of things to do and to bring since it is our first trip with Jay. I tried to think of everything he could possibly need or want. But of course with kids things don't go as planned, no matter how hard you try. I couldn't have prepared myself for... brace yourself... EXPLOSIVE DIARRHEA! Seriously, not kidding. One of my fears about his two weeks at day care was that he would pick up a bug from the other kids. But the thought of him catching a stomach flu never crossed my mind. But he did! Poor guy has some crazy issues right now. I'll leave out the details but let's just say I really miss my washer and dryer and we're going to have to give our hotel housekeeper a large tip. UGH.
That's the bad news. The good news is that for some reason he doesn't seem too bothered by it. He's playing happily and isn't too cranky. We have been able to spend some fun time out on the beach. The weather here is beyond perfect: partly cloudy, warm but not hot, awesome ocean breeze. So we are focusing on the positives and will enjoy the rest of the week. I had to just stop in and say hi and post a couple pictures!
2 comments:
Aww...poor guy. If its really bad I think you can give him some Pedialyte, we used to give that to Diya and it helped. I had been meaning to ask how you guys were managing without your mom. Hope Jay liked daycare. Enjoy the rest of your vacation.
Thanks Deepa. I think we might give Pedialyte a try soon. Tomorrow is day five of the stomach bug and I really hope it ends soon! And yes it's weird without my mom because she's been here for many months and is very much part of Jay's daily routine. I'll be happy to get back to that routine in a couple weeks.
Post a Comment