Thursday, September 11, 2008

Emmy Fairy

An Emmy of my own

So I'm sitting at work yesterday and one of our admins comes over with a big box. I immediately knew what it was, since it was the same size box as the Emmy I took home to visit for one night in May. She tells me it's for me. I said "Oh, no, I already got to take it home a few months ago, it was great, thanks". She says, "No, this is FOR YOU. It has your name on it. It's for you to keep". I almost fell out of my chair! They didn't tell me this in May but it turns out that anyone who was part of a winning project DOES get their OWN Emmy. How crazy is that! I walked by the mailroom later in the day and saw all the empty boxes, the Emmy Fairy must have delivered like 50 of them just to our building. Congrats to all ESPN winners! We have a very talented group.

So now we have a permanant trophy in our living room. It looks quite silly next to all of our non-fancy belongings.

3 comments:

rutchick said...

That's pretty awesome. :)

deepa said...

That is soooo awesome! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

KJ was careful not to promise them to people after one year not everyone got one who should.

I was excited when mine arrived for Death Race!